Storefront 2.1.4 has been tagged for release and will be available to download from WordPress.org very soon.
2.1.4 is a minor release but is a bit bigger than our last couple of patches. It includes the following fixes / improvements;
- Fix – Product/category title size in loops (WooCommerce 2.7 compatibility).
- Fix – Star rating selector when WooCommerce lightbox is disabled.
- Fix – Dropdowns can now be closed on iOS.
- Fix – PHP 5.2 compatibility.
- Tweak – Structured data sanitization and other minor adjustments.
- Tweak – Header cart dropdown now only scrolls if it renders beyond the current window height.
- Tweak – Star rating selector styling.
- Tweak – Widget region order. Addresses the issue of widgets being added to an unexpected region on default installs.
- Dev –
storefront_post_thumbnail()is now hooked in to
- Dev – Added
- Dev –
storefront_post_thumbnail()now provides a default size.
- Dev – Updated FontAwesome to 4.6.3.
No ground-breaking changes here. The two highlights are probably the header cart and the featured images for posts.
We know that not everyone loves the scrolling cart dropdown in the Storefront header, but we believe it’s a useful feature. To address concerns we’ve now made it so that the dropdown will only scroll when it must. Therefore most of the time you won’t even see this feature as it is a contingency for a fairly rare occurrence.
Previously the featured image for posts was loaded directly in the
storefront_post_content() function which meant that if you wanted to move it you’d have to plug or remove that entire function. Now you can simply unhook
storefront_post_thumbnail() directly. The addition of the new hooks before and after post content should be useful for developers as well.