Storefront 2.2.0 has just been tagged for release an uploaded to WordPress.org. That means it should be available to download very soon! This is a major release, you should not update live sites without adequate testing.
What’s in the box
Please read the previous post which includes all of the details of this release.
For the condensed version, here’s the relevant info pulled directly from the changelog;
- New – Adding a featured image to the homepage template will now create a ‘hero’ component.
- New – Improved new user experience; WooCommerce installation prompted and added starter content to set up the homepage template, menus, widgets and add some demo products.
- New – Guided tour in the Customizer.
- Fix – Remove unnecessary button styling in WooCommerce Quick View extension.
- Fix – Only make the order review on checkout sticky of the address column is tall enough to make it worthwhile.
- Tweak – Improved the Bookings calendar styles.
- Tweak – :focus borders now dotted.
- Tweak – Default header background color is now white and header text color defaults updated accordingly.
- Tweak – Various typographical adjustments to match updated header design.
- Dev – Added actions;
- Dev – Added filters;
storefront_footer_widget_columnsto easily control the number of widget rows / columns in the footer.
- Dev – FontAwesome and icon styles are now enqueued separately to make removing FontAwesome trivial.
- Dev – Updated FontAwesome to 4.7.0
- Dev – Upsells columns filterable via
- Dev – Added a column wrapper to product loops. To adjust the layout you now only need to filter
- Dev – Homepage product sections only display if products are returned.
- Tweak – Escape background content color before output. Kudos @pdewouters.
- Dev – Updated package versions. You’ll need to
npm installnext time you try to build.
- Dev – Adds
autoprefixerto the build process to reduce reliance on Bourbon.
- Tweak – Doctype in lowercase. Kudos @B-07.
- Fix – Only output
background-imagestyles for the header and homepage content sections if an image exists.
- Fix – Translatable aria labels in the homepage sections. Kudos @andreaskian.
You can download Storefront now from your dashboard or from WordPress.org.
If you’re updating an existing store to Storefront 2.2.0, as mentioned previously; please test the update in a development environment first. If you are using any additional Storefront products (child themes and/or extensions) be sure to check for updates for them before updating Storefront and test everything in your development environment.
I’ll say it one more time; test the update(s) in a development environment. 🙂
I found a bug
If you find a bug then as always, please be sure to report it on github. If you have any other problems with Storefront please post on the WordPress.org support forum, or contact us if you’re a WooCommerce customer.