Storefront 2.1.0 has just been tagged for release an uploaded to WordPress.org. That means it should be available to download very soon!
2.1.0 is a major release and comes roughly 3 months after our last major release 2.0.0. It’s a significantly ‘lighter’ release (although still packed with flavour) which should mean less bugs and less potential for breakage. That said, I’d like to remind everyone that this is a major release. You should not update live sites without adequate testing.
What’s in the box
Rather than repeat myself I’d suggest you read the original 2.1.0 outline post which includes all of the details of this release. For the condensed version, here’s the relevant info pulled directly from the changelog;
- New – Lots of SEO enhancements.
- New – Selective refresh on site title, tag line, logo and widgets.
- New – Integration with Advanced Product Labels extension.
- New – Integration with WooCommerce Mix and Match extension.
- New – Integration with WooCommerce Quick View extension.
- Fix – Product thumbnail size on cart page.
- Fix – Sticky order review position on RTL stores.
- Dev – Restructured scss; removed components/typography and added main styles to `assets/sass/base/_base.scss`. Layout styles then added to `assets/sass/base/_layout.scss`. Moved WooCommerce extension integration styles to `assets/sass/woocommerce/extensions/`.
You can download Storefront now from your dashboard or from WordPress.org.
If you’re updating an existing store to Storefront 2.1, as mentioned previously; please test the update in a development environment first. If you are using any additional Storefront products (child themes and/or extensions) be sure to check for updates for them before updating Storefront and test everything in your development environment.
I’ll say it one more time; test the update(s) in a development environment. 🙂
I found a bug
If you find a bug then as always, please be sure to report it on github. If you have any other problems with Storefront please post on the WordPress.org support forum, or contact us if you’re a WooCommerce customer.